In an effort to be completely honest, I feel like I am complaining a lot. So this post will be dedicated to the things that are good and happy and great about my busy family of 5. Okay? Okay. :)
* I truly have the cutest boys ever...for reals. They are each so stinking adorable I can hardly stand it. :)
* The 2 oldest boys are actually becoming friends. I really think they will be such great brothers to each other someday. They play and get along about 50% of the time...this is a huge improvement from even a couple of weeks ago!
* The 2 oldest boys ADORE the youngest and he adores them right back.
* Our house is so full of love...really, it's wonderful.
* I always have someone to snuggle...always.
* These boys each go to bed incredibly well...and sleep through the night! Our bedtime routine takes about 10 minutes total. It's easy and for that I am thankful!
* There is always laughter to be heard in our home. Infectious laughter. Love it.
* Support from family and friends has literally come out of the woodwork. We feel so loved by so many.
* Seeing our middle child experience so many things with such pure joy, excitement and awe is a beautiful thing.
* Seeing our youngest progress and learn new things nearly every day is incredible.
* Seeing Tate be a big brother is a dream come true. We've always wanted this for him and he seems to have grown and matured so much in the last few months!
* I am closer to God since these 2 new additions have entered our family. I have needed to lean on Him and depend on Him more than ever and that is such an incredible gift.
* Seeing Sean with his boys brings so much joy to me. He loves them so much.
* I am never bored...ever.
* I feel more capable of handling things I never dreamed I would be able to handle just a few months ago.
* At the end of a long day after the boys are in bed, Sean and I will literally give each other a high five and say, "good job." Really...that may be weird, but I love that moment with him. You know it's like, we got this, we did good today, you did good today...now let's relax just the 2 of us. And we breath a sigh of relief.
There are so many difficult times in the days, so much stress, worry and moments I am not proud of, but the good outweighs it. Really, I love my family...my complete family. God has blessed Sean and I with such a different life than we dreamed...so much more challenging of a life, but so much more rewarding. I just can't believe my life sometimes, I can't believe this is all real. I get overwhelmed and weak and tired and stressed and angry and frustrated and all of the above. However, at the end of the day, I have realized that we've got this, we can do this and we are doing a good job because the boys know they're loved and they are alive and well and (usually) clean and fed and snuggled into their beds each night. Sean and I are able to give each other a high five and tell each other "good job" each and every night. The boys all wake up in the morning with smiles on their faces and rearing to go and we do it all over again. We got this.
So though I feel like "I can't do this, but I am doing it anyway" each morning. At night, I realize I can. I CAN do this! That's a great feeling.