Monday, November 14, 2011

a much needed childless weekend...

Sean and I had planned to have a weekend without Tate this last weekend for a while now. The weekend extended a little bit longer than originally was planned, but thanks to my super generous sister and her family, Tate had a great time staying at their house all weekend. We were disappointed with the Hawkeye loss, but I won't go there. I got to spend some time celebrating some exciting news with our amazing friends, The DeCooks and I got to see one of my dearest friends of close to 20 years (YIKES I feel old!) and her daughter who I don't get to see very often.

We had fun watching the Iowa game with friends (despite the loss) and then I even got to nap in the afternoon...WOOHOO! Then we completed our evening with several friends until the wee hours. We slept in today and I had a wonderful photoshoot with an amazing family this afternoon! Sean and I got a lot of time to talk about some serious things that are upcoming for us and had all kinds of uninterrupted time to mull over some of those things which was MUCH needed! By this morning, we were really missing Tate and couldn't wait to see him! Not sure the feeling was mutual as he had SO MUCH fun. Ha. :) It was a great weekend and we capped it off with relaxing on the couch all evening.

Sean starts a night rotation for the next month tomorrow (boo) and Tate gets his flu shot. I plan to be an editing machine this week. I HAVE to be. I need these images edited before we leave for NYC and that date is sneaking up on us...2 weeks from Tuesday!

I have not picked up my camera forever (aside from photoshoots) and so my posts are pictureless...sorry. I'll try to work on that!

No comments: