Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2 days out...and feeling ahead of the game!

Thought I would check in one last time (okay, maybe I'm lying, but at least if I don't blog again until we get down to Florida, I'm covered) before we head out for our almost 2 weeks away! Woohoo! I have been just as busy as I anticipated I would be in preparation for this trip. Doesn't help that I've felt a bit under the weather the last day or two...of course, that has to happen RIGHT on my busiest days of vacation preparation! Ugh. At least I am likely getting my ickiness out of the way before we leave and I can be ready for some FUN when we get to Florida! :-) Seems like I am always sick when we go on vacation and so I am thinking I will be free and clear of any of that for this vacation!

We are all 3 already packed...aside from toiletrees. Our fridge and cupboards are almost completely empty, the house will be cleaned from top to bottom tomorrow. Laundry is done, photoshoot images edited and disks mailed, bills paid, errands run, shows DVR'd, Tate's clothes sorted that we are giving to Boone, mail held for the time we are gone and lawn is mowed. Whew...that's a lot of stuff that's done!

All I have left to do are the more unnecessary items on the list like get our car cleaned, polish my toenails and shave my legs (nope...if you know me, you know this isn't something that's ever at the top of my list...ha). And then of course all the last minute items that will need packed. OH and we are attending our first PS-MAPP class for our foster care license tomorrow from 6-9pm. And one last necessary item to take care of is that Sean needs to replace one of our tail lights that I discovered the other day was out. Ugh...bad timing. And the plan still stands that we will be on the road by 7am on Friday morning.

Honestly, I am feeling pretty on top of things. Feeling more ahead of the game than usual at 2 days before vacation, so that's good. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a few hours of rest in the next 39 hours before we leave too...just to make sure I'm good and healthy before we hit the road! :)

Florida here we come!!!!

No comments: