Thursday, May 05, 2011

Satan has been winning - a running update...

For the last 3 days, I haven't been running.

My time spent running is a time when I am completely consumed with the Lord.

I listen to my Mandisa Pandora Station (it's an AWESOME station!) and I pray.

It is my time every day that I cannot make it through a second of without talking to Him and praying for strength, because this running isn't easy for me.

I go to the Lord all the time and pray constantly each day.

This time is different though, it's JUST me and Him in those moments, it gives me clarity when I'm running. I love this time I have with Him.


Satan has been winning these last few days.

Satan is always making me feel weak, tired, too busy, too sore, too distracted with other unimportant things.

I am so disappointed in myself for letting Satan win.

He knows that I need that time to pray and be completely consumed with God and he hates that, Satan doesn't want me to depend on God.

And I have let Satan take that special time that I have with God away from me these last few days.


And I will do that NO MORE!

I ran today.

It felt good and it was so hard all at the same time.

I feel better about myself when I run and when I don't run, I feel guilty and fat and lazy, just like Satan wants me to feel.

I will not let Satan make me feel that way anymore!


I have a lot of work to do to get to the point of being able to run my 5K on June 4th, but with God's help, I know I will be able to do it.

2 comments:

sarak said...

I hurt the tendons in my knee and ended up at the doctor. No running for 2 weeks for me. Guess I better find something else to do...

Candi said...

Ya, just take it easy Jennie.... don't push TOO hard. Being consistent takes time but you have the determination... don't give up. Keep up your effort!! So proud of you. :)
Love you,
Mom