Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's changed in 2000 posts...

This post marks 2000 posts I have published on this blog!

January 19th, 2006 was my first post.

That means 2000 posts in 1852 days.

That is an average of just over 1 post a day.


A lot has changed since January 19th, 2006...


We lived in Colo when I started the blog, but my first post was an announcement that we'd be selling our house and moving back to Des Moines. We have moved 4 different times since then. Sean had just started nursing school when this blog began. We have each changed careers a couple of times since this blog began. We have gained 4 nieces, 2 nephews and a child since I started this blog. We announced a couple of months after starting this blog that we would be growing our family through adoption. We documented every detail of our adoption process on this blog and I cannot imagine not having that documentation to look back on. And since we were blessed with Tate, I have been able to document his life and share how adoption has blessed and changed us.


So yes, a LOT has changed since I started this blog, but the most important and biggest change since January 19, 2006 AND in my life has been the relationship I have developed with God. Going through infertility and then the adoption process forced me to lean on God and He provided peace and patience within me. He provided for me Hope and a faith that I would have the family I was supposed to have if He willed that for me. Going through the adoption process, He filled my heart with the realization that it wasn't a child that was going to bring joy to my life, but that HE was what I needed to be fullfilled. It so happens that children were in His plan for me and I thank Him for that every single day. It's so interesting for me to look back and read so many of my posts during that time that I was really starting to truly put ALL my faith and trust in God. I am so thankful to have this blog to go back and read some of the things that I wrote...things that poured straight from my heart. There have been several times when I have been able to look back on my own words and have them bring me right back to what I am supposed to be doing...leaning on God. In these 5 years, I have strayed from leaning on God in many times when leaning on Him is the FIRST thing I should have done. I have tried to take back control in my life when I know deep down that I actually don't have any control at all. It's a journey that hasn't been easy, but I can honestly say that over the last 5 years, those times when I try to take control back are much fewer and farther between than they were 5 years ago. I am a different, much more joy filled person than I was when I started this blog on January 19, 2006.



I want to blog every day. I want to document everything and I pretty much am an open book. Of course, there are private aspects of our life that I do not share on here, but I try to do my best to document everything big and small that I know I'll want to remember. This blog and blogland in general has exposed me to so many stories that have opened my eyes and heart and changed me in ways I never would have changed without this blog. I have been able to reconnect with people through this blog that I haven't connected with in years. I have been able to keep connected with people who I no longer lived near or worked with.


The only thing I regret about this blog is that I didn't start it earlier.


Thank you for even stopping by for a moment to take A Peakin To Our Lives that are all too often unexciting. Unexciting or not, it's our life. It's our every day. And I am so so grateful I started this blog to document our every day.


So here's to 5 more years and 2000 more posts...and beyond!

Us 5 years ago...

Us now...

1 comment:

Candi said...

Great post Jennie.... So much happens in one's life...and in just 5 years, LOTS has happened to you and I am so happy it did... praise be !!! : ) Love you and only want ALL I know to be Christ centered. It makes everything so much simpler... yet harder... and easier ... and just helps so much to get us through the tough times...Amen!! :)