Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blogiversary (belated) and things to remember...

You know, on January 19th, this blog celebrated 5 years! Wow! I cannot even begin to say how much I have loved having this blog and how amazing it has been for me to have something I can look back on whenever I want to reminisce. Also, there are just so many things that I tend to forget and it's fun to look back to Tate's baby days and remember those things. I also love that I have a way to keep in touch with those that are far away. Blogging is something that I look forward to each day or so and I look forward to checking into so many others blogs as well. :)

I wanted to document a couple of things about Tate that I just want to have somewhere so I don't forget them...

There is a new show on Nick Jr. called Bubble Guppies. Tate is ADDICTED! He LOVES it! It's really educational and Tate is a sponge and has already learned so much from the show.

When Tate speaks in Spanish, he rolls his "r's"...seriously, he speaks with the appropriate accent as well. It's so funny and amazing to me. He honestly knows more spanish than I do. The other day he said to me, "Mommy, yo quiero la papaya." I responded, "Um, you don't even know what a papaya is do you, Tate." Then he said, "Ha. Okay, yo quiero la manzana por favor." Seriously?! I asked if he was serious and he said, "yes, I want an apple please mommy." Well okay then!

When he is referring to colors, if a color is the light version of a color, he calls it "good morning". For example, he'll say, "mommy, can you hand me the dark blue and the good morning blue crayons?" It's so funny.

He can write all of his letters in upper case and is working on lower case. He's pretty good at it actually. He usually writes them all in upper case, but just today he started writing some in lower case, although he needs to work a bit on not writing the lower case letters backwards (below, he wrote most of the A's in lower case and they are backwards) :), I am so proud of him. He spends a lot of time saying, "mommy, how do you spell _______?" Then I tell him and he writes it down. Today, he wanted to know how to spell lots of names...




(Cassie, your name cracks me up...he makes his S's like Z's so your name looks like Cazzie...ha!)

Tate loves ham and cheese sandwiches...like REALLY loves them. When he wakes up in the morning and I ask, "what do you want for breakfast, Tate?" 9 times out of 10, he says "a ham and cheese sandwich." The other time he says, "I don't know."

Tate's transition to our new home has been flawless. He loves it here. He loves all the space and loves his new bedroom and especially loves his new toy room. It has been so wonderful that he has done so well. We were worried because of his difficulties when we moved to our previous place.

1 comment:

Candi said...

So happy for him.... for ALL of you! He is something else no doubt!! Love you Tater bug!! : )