Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy 58th, Mom!

Yup, you read that right...58.
You cannot tell me that she looks 58!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture below.
We went out to dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday tonight at Geneva. It was so much fun and only could have been better if Chris, Brenda, Bode, Boone and Sean would have been with us! The kiddos all got dressed up nicely and we had a delicious meal. We went to the club early to bring some items to decorate the table with and Dad brought a cheesecake with candles for a surprise dessert after dinner. Mom was surprised to see the table all decorated with birthday confetti and a center piece all for her special day. Then, after dinner, all the kids went into the kitchen and walked out with our server holding the cheesecake with the candles lit and singing "Happy Birthday". So cute.

I think Mom had a good night.
Mission accomplished!

I am sitting here tonight just overflowing with joy.
I have the best parents...really.
At least they're the best parents for me.
Love them.

Happy Birthday, Mom!
I love you!

Oh, and just before Cassie, Paul and the kids were getting ready to leave my parents house to head home, I casually mentioned that it might be fun if I could bring Ayla home with me tonight and she could stay at my house all day tomorrow while Cassie subbed. And I was excited that Cassie thought it was a good idea too! Tomorrow, I am watching Ava and Chloe too, so I thought it would be an especially fun day to have Ayla join us. I'm excited for a fun filled day with 3 sweet girls and my sweet boy! We plan to bake and decorate cookies and do some other fun projects. I'm sure my camera will be in hand so I can post all about it tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Candi said...

It was a fun day... semi productive even (made fudge & caramels) and then to get to have the evening surrounded by so many family members... Chris's not here of course but soon will be for Christma... :) I felt honored and blessed. Special gifts, elegant table by my girls efforts and the great service and food provided by Geneva... it was GREAT! Have you ever known more darling children?!? SO SWEET! I do feel very happy & blessed for all I had on my special day. Thanks all! LOVE YOU MUCH!! :)

Linda said...

Great pics, Jennie. Your Mom looks so cute! I know you're busy today, but sometime send me the release. Thanks. LInda

sarak said...

Your mom does look young. I love her hair:)