Saturday, November 27, 2010

What's on my mind tonight?

Hmmm...what's on my mind tonight? Well, I DO NOT want to talk about the embarrassment that was the Hawkeyes this evening, but am happy to have watched the Florida State Seminoles KILL the Florida Gators tonight!

I am getting so excited to leave for Florida in a few days! I'm chomping at the bit to get down to some WARM weather and have a fun time relaxing with my mom. No worries of making plans or taking care of a child. I'll miss my boys, but it will be a nice break. :) I think Sean's kind of excited to have close to a week off to relax and spend time with Tate one on one as well.

I have a lot on my list to do before I head out for Florida, but nothing too overwhelming. I wanted to make sure there was enough time before I left to really soak up some time with Tate. He is going to spend the first 2 days at Cassie and Paul's because Sean is working, so that will be fun for him to get time with the kids to play.

Can you believe it's almost December? I feel like it was last week that I was saying, "I can't believe it's almost November!" This time of year...well, life in general just flies by! I love the Christmas season. I don't do Black Friday shopping, but this year I headed to Family Christian Friday morning to take advantage of a few amazing deals they had on CD's. I bought a couple Christmas CD's and then a couple non-Christmas CD's and couldn't be happier with them! I needed a couple of Christmas CD's and I got Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin (2 of my favorites) and have been listening to them in since Friday morning when I bought them. :) Oh how I love Christmas music!

Tate and I baked chocolate chip cookies today and I swear they are half gone! Sean LOVES them (if you read the 100 things about him below, you would know that. :)) and he's known for his appetite. They aren't going to last long. MMMMM...they're good. I'm not a big cookie maker normally, but there is something about the holidays that makes me want to bake cookies. I will be making these Coconut-Butterscotch Fudge Cookies that I made for the first time last year and were a HUGE hit and then maybe I'll try and make a couple of new cookie recipes.

And those would be my thoughts for this cold evening.
:)

1 comment:

Candi said...

It will be fun to get some Christmas things done when I get back and I am looking forward to some different kind of fun HERE!!! :) I have lots planned for us to do when you get here. :)