Thursday, August 26, 2010

We are totally normal.

We celebrated Dad's 58th birthday party tonight.
We had flowers and pink decorations (my dad's favorite color), a fancy cake and relay races.
You know, normal things that families do for 58th birthday parties.
We ARE a totally normal family after all!
And I raced...yup, I'm fast.
Bet you didn't know that about me.
I'm kind of like a gazelle.
I don't talk about it much because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I am...really, really fast.
In fact, I started running in my first race and ran right out of my shoe.
True story.
So I decided to run barefoot because it would be more fair...even it up between me and the slower people in my family...ahem, Cassie.
:)

Don't normal people decorate a fancy table in pink and flowers for the man of the house's birthday party?

The beautiful (and delicious!) cake...

Tate and Ayla starting their leg of the relay race...

2 comments:

Candi said...

It was a FUN night! The relays really ended the night with a hoot! The kids had to ALL sleep well. Loved the fact that Ayla helped me put my "tablescape" together with me & chose the napkins.... too cute! You didn't post a pic of them... detailed & complete with our names and next to the "appropriate" face on each person's napkin according to Ayla's choice.... funny but added that "family" touch we were going for. : )

sarak said...

seriously you ARE like a gazelle. I am too when I sprint across the pool area to rescue your son from drowning in the hot tub with the duck;) Just kidding! you make me laugh!