Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a special gift

I saw this idea on one of my favorite blogs, The Crafty Crow.
I have been waiting to do it and thought it would be a great time while I had Cassie's kids.
You cannot tell in this picture very well because I put it back into the packaging before I remembered to photograph it, but each pendant has a thumb print on it.

All you do is buy polymer clay and a chain that you like.
Roll out the clay to the shape and size of your choice, poke a hole in the top and press the child's thumb print into it.
Bake at 275 degrees for 15 minutes for every 1/4 inch of thickness.
Cool and put on the chain.
DONE!

The one pictured above is one that I made for Lora that has Ava's thumb print on the big pendant and Chloe's on the littler pendant. For Cassie's I had 3 pendants of course for each of the kids. They younger the child, the smaller the pendant. I, of course made one for myself too with Tate's thumb print!

Super easy and super cute and very special!

1 comment:

Candi said...

What a cute idea!!! Fun too!! : )