Sunday, July 11, 2010

golf and soccor and Bag-O, OH MY

Sean and his brother marshaled the John Deere Classic today. They were on the first hole and were there at the crack of dawn. Sean LOVED it! He says he'll do it again next year. While Sean was gone all day, Tate and I just hung around at home and played and watched a movie. Then we headed to Mike and Sarah's to hang out and have dinner after the guys were done.

They played soccer...



And then we fit in one game of Bag-O before it started to rain. We ate pizza and then just headed home. Sean was so exhausted that he went to bed at 7pm! Tate followed him at 7:30. He was TIRED! I, on the other hand am surely going to be up late as usual. I am so frustrated with my insomnia. It's worse than I've ever experienced ever before. I need to do something about it. I certainly shouldn't be complaining until I try to fix it...which I haven't yet. I need to work on that!

I just have to say, we LOVE living here!
It's been a bit over three months that we've been here and it's just starting to feel like home for me. It's not like it's been bad until now, it's just surreal. We've been in Des Moines for so long! Having DeCook's to hang out with so often has been so great! Tate and Ava are the best of friends and words cannot describe how grateful I have been for Lora and her friendship...she has been here for me in more ways than I could have imagined in such a short few months. And Sean loves having James to hang out with too! They have played many hours of Bagg-O and basketball and have drank more than a few beers. :)
And then family...man it's been so amazing having family so close! We hang out with Mike, Sarah and the girls frequently and it has been so great to be a more active part of Kayla and Leah's lives and Tate adores them! It's so nice to have family that feel like friends, you know?! And of course being closer to Cassie, Paul and the kids and my parents has been so wonderful as well! We're able to go to Brigg's baseball games more easily, spend time with the kids and my parents almost whenever we want to!

And Sean's job...he loves it!
The decision to move here was such a great one for us!

No comments: