Sunday, April 25, 2010

out of the mouths of mamas

I've done this before and so I thought I'd do it again when I was reminded of it while reading someone else's blog who posts "out of the mouths of mamas". These are things that I have actually said in the last few weeks to Tate that seemed to make complete sense at the time, but when I look back at them, someone hearing me say these things and not knowing the context in which I used these statements in might think I was crazy...

"Tate, don't let your cheese touch the garbage can!"

"Is that poop hanging out of your bum? Come here right now so I can look to see if that's a poop hanging out of your bum!"

"take your gloves off before you wash your hands"

"stop playing with the sticks of butter...no, that's garlic, you can't play with that either"

"don't pee on the couch, Tate. I'm serious, I will be very upset with you if you pee on the couch. No, you can't poop on the couch either."

"take the blanket off your head while you walk down the stairs"

"get that straw out of your nose. I don't care if you want it in there."

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Those are great and out of context they make you sound rather crazy! Love it!

Anonymous said...

OH my word Jennie!!! I read your blog every day. This by far, is my favorite! I sat here and laughed the entire time b/c I can just picture you saying all of these things to him!! Take Care!!

- Jenny Morehouse :)