Sunday, April 25, 2010

I don't know what it is...

but as soon as we got home with my new camera, Tate insisted on me taking pictures of him.
WHAT?!?!?!
He despises getting his picture taken!
Is it the new camera????
I sure hope so! :)
Anyway, I got TONS of super cute smiling pics of Tate...these are unprompted smiles.
And seriously, the quality of these new pics is incredible!
And the ones below were just taken using Auto...nothing fancy!





I got about a 2 hour hands on lesson from a camera pro on how to use all of the other fancy stuff on the camera to make the pictures look even more amazing. That mixed with my old photography knowledge from all the photography classes I took in school and I am hoping I'll be able to get some amazing shots of my new niece or nephew in a couple days. I'll be sure to share all of my Florida pictures with you and plan to be posting while I'm down there. Less than 48 hours and I'll be in Florida!!! Woohoo!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

so what lenses did you end up getting?

Jennie Peakin said...

all I got is 1 additional lens...i'ts the EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS. It's a zoom lens, but I still want a Prime lens that will help me achieve and even more blurry background. I want the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens. That will possibly be my next purchase and it's apparently only about $100. We will see! I've played around with it a lot in AV mode and am able to get GREAT pictures with really blurry backgrounds like I want! I'm so happy! :)

Candi said...

I need to scoot... lots to do befoe tomorrow morning! YIKES! Fl. here we come.... cameras in hand!! : )

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos but Tate is a cute subject. Now that you have a new camera we can book you for some Peakin family photos! Leah & Kayla would love to have Aunt Jennie take their pictures.
Have a great time in Florida!! Sarah

Jennie Peakin said...

Sarah, YES...I would love to take some Peakin family photos for you guys! :)