Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a good cry

I told Brenda that I would pack up some gender neutral clothing items and bring them down for the baby so tonight I opened the "Newborn/0-3 month" clothes box I packed away about 3 years ago. It was only seconds of looking into that box and seeing all of these things...like the onesie Tate is wearing in the picture below that emotion just flooded over me.

It was actually quite unexpected. I AM an emotional person as most of you know, but this was just going to be a quick trip to the basement to pull a few items out of the box for the baby. It didn't turn out that way. The tears flowed my friends...big time. Every item I pulled out brought back a different memory or feeling. I don't even know if the tears were happy or sad or maybe I just needed a good cry. I miss my "baby". Is that bad? I LOVE the age Tate is at (all but the not yet potty trained, temper tantrums in public, talking back to us part!), but I feel like I don't know where the last 3 years has gone! It seems like yesterday, but at the same time, I feel like I can hardly remember him being so little. As I pulled out the Newborn sized onesies he wore, I just couldn't believe those ever fit him! I am so scared that the next 3, 6, 10, 20 years are going to fly by before I know it and I'll have a grown child! I kind of always want him to stay this age (only potty trained! Ha.) and never want him to grow up.

And all of that emotion made me realize that I am going to miss him terribly this next week. This will be by far the longest I have ever been away from him. It makes me want to go crawl up in bed with him and snuggle him until I have to leave.

Strange how a few little onesies brought all of this emotion out...I have a feeling it's going to be an emotional week. I cannot wait to wrap my arms around Bode and my new little niece or nephew! It's going to be so hard to leave them!

Next time you hear from me, I will be an Aunt for the 8th time!!!!

1 comment:

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I had an overwhelming feeling today as I registered Bode for Kindergarten! I know exactly what you mean.