Wednesday, March 03, 2010

What's been going on...

Well, I put in my notice this week at work. My last day will be the 18th. It was really difficult. I like my job a lot and hope I can find something that I like just as much in the Quad Cities. I did ask about a transfer and actually have a phone interview on Friday morning for a position in Moline as a personal banker. We'll see how it goes.

Sean finally got his schedule through the end of the month and so we are able to make some plans as to what days we will move. I'm definitely not looking forward to moving. Thankfully, Sean's parents brought us a bunch of boxes. Those will really come in handy. I am procrastinating though and really need to get onto packing. All I've packed up is our linen closet and all of the items we don't use daily in our bathroom. I do not want to do the actual moving part of all of this. I hate it with a passion! I don't mind the unpacking and organizing of a new home, but I hate the packing up and moving of a current home.

I have mixed emotions. I'm exhausted, sad, excited, nervous, anxious, happy...pretty much depends on when you ask me. When I'm at work, I'm sad. I really do like my job and the people I work with. That is what's going to be the hardest about leaving. I'm really excited to be closer to family and good friends though and anxious to just be in our new place and settled. I'm happy for Sean that he is finally doing what he loves and he's loving doing it. I'm also happy that all of this has gone so much more smoothly than I expected so far. I am nervous about what's to come for me as far as my next career move. I'm also very nervous about Tate and his ability to handle this change. He does not like change. Period. He's also a home body...he prefers to be home with just Sean and I more than anywhere else. I hope he adjusts to his new surroundings quickly. Also, if I manage to be able to transfer within Wells Fargo, we will have to move and throw Tate into a new daycare almost immediately and that makes me very nervous. I just want him to be comfortable and happy. And I am just plain exhausted. With Sean being gone so much and my inability to get good sleep these days because of my mind racing, I am physically and mentally exhausted.

Ready for the next chapter of our lives to begin and for all of this in between stuff to be over!

No comments: