Saturday, March 06, 2010

Letters

I know I've mentioned this more than once before, but I have to bring it up again. Tate is completely obsessed with letters and numbers. Obsessed. Mostly letters though. It's just so interesting how different kids brains work so differently. In my biased, mommy eyes, Tate is so incredibly smart when it comes to letters and numbers, but then in the same breath, at 3 1/2 he still has yet to use the potty even once. No desire to do so. None.

So tonight he started saying, "Mommy look, I'm the letter capital L!" He was laying on the floor on his back and had his legs straight up in the air. Then he lifted his head up so he was almost in a yoga like position with only his bum and lower back on the floor and said, "now I'm a capital J!" It was pretty funny. Then he put his arms above his head while in that same position and said, "Now I'm a V!" Then he immediately got up and stood flat footed on the floor, bent over at the waste and put his hands down on the floor in front of him, arms and legs straight, bum in the air and said, "and now I'm a capital A!" Maybe it's just me, but I was just so impressed that he would even think to do that!

He makes his food into letters every time he eats, he will find letters in strange places like in a picture of a person who has their body positioned in a way that maybe is the same shape as a letter, he'll point it out and say, "look, there's a (insert letter)". We were watching Little Einsteins last night and he said, "look Mommy, I found a capital letter E!" I couldn't figure out what he was talking about and so I paused it and he walked up to the TV and pointed at Rocket's steering wheel and said, "see, it's the capital letter E!" And it DOES look like an E!

Another thing he has recently learned (from his Manny Computer) is all of the letters and what they are called in Spanish. He'll say "X is equis, F is efe, J is hota, K is Kah, L is ele, M is eme" and so on, you get the point.

It's just so cute to me and I had to document it. Oh how I just love my little man so much and just get a kick out of watching him learn and seeing how his little mind works!

1 comment:

Mom said...

He is something else! Give him a hug for me will you Love him!! :)