Saturday, February 27, 2010

a big appetite

It all started when I saw this large, delicious looking loaf of bread at HyVee for $1. I thought, "I want to buy that, it's so cheap!" It was HUGE! I showed Sean and said, "maybe I could make a giant sub out of that." He LOVES subs and thought it was a great idea.

Well, I made it today for lunch. I toasted the HUGE loaf of bread, made 2 chicken breasts and put all the fixins on it. After it was all complete, I realized just how huge it was. WAY too big for us to eat for lunch!

Or so I thought...

Yes, this was only HALF of the huge sub...

Even Tate wanted to hold it for a picture...it was ginormous!

I thought there was a chance that Sean and I would be able to eat that half on the plate. I was wrong. Sean ALONE ate the entire half...

No joke. It's just sick and wrong that he can eat like this. Sadly, this wasn't a strange meal that he had an oddly large appetite. No, he has a hollow leg. He can eat like almost no one else I've ever seen. I just couldn't believe that he ate the whole thing, I still can't believe it. I was stuffed beyond belief and I ate only half of the half. It WAS delicious though! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to live closer to you so I can come over for dinner! I would be over at least 4 or 5 days out of the week! I eat much better food whenever I visit you! The sub looks good. Mmmmmm. I love the food you make!
Love, kay