Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Darn sharp knife!

I have been laying around feeling terrible all day. I have been sleeping much of the day. Sean decided to be an angel and make spaghetti pie for supper because I was in no mood to make any supper, let alone get up off the couch! Sean is in the kitchen cutting onions and I'm dozing on the couch when I suddenly here him say, "OH NO, OH SH$%!" (sorry, but I'm giving you an exact play by play).

What happened you ask? Sean cut himself...bad! I am talking bad! He cut right through the middle of his fingernail and down through the pad of his thumb. He immediately turned white as a sheet and sat down and said he was feeling light headed. I was still feeling like crap and dinner was only half done and I thought we may end up making a trip to the ER. Of course, Sean said that he didn't need to go to the ER. Honestly, his cut is terrible. He said his finger was numb immediately and then it started hurting a short while after that...throbbing. He requested Vicadin (he has some left over from his appendectomy) for the pain. He hardly took it after his surgery, so I knew the pain was bad for him to request it now.

It happened approximately 3 hours ago and he is still complaining of nausea. It is a bad cut and I totally think he should have gone to the ER to get stitches.

It forced me to get off of the couch and finish dinner and do dishes and I actually think that moving around a bit helped me to feel a bit more energized.

2 comments:

Sara Bark said...

When I cut my finger last year at school with a knife I had to get stitches. They said I wouldn't have needed them if the cut hadn't had gone through the fingernail. Don't be a tough-guy. Get the stitches. Your nausea is your body telling you that it isn't normal.

Candi said...

Oh GREAT... you may need to at leasst call someone. Did he wrap it tight?? Did he put antibiotic on it? Just what you need... more ER or hospital stuff!! UGH!!!!!!!!! Keep sharp knives away from him please! :/ Poor guy! That has to hurt....sigh!