Monday, November 23, 2009

What a weekend!!!

Let me start from the beginning...
Friday at 3:00, I left work and headed directly to Methodist Hospital to meet Drew Allen Boyd who was born a few hours before that!
He is my sister's new nephew born to Luke and Erin.
I'm not even going to go into details, but my sisters in laws are family to us as well, so it was almost like WE were getting a new nephew too!
SO EXCITING!
I didn't get any pictures...but I promise I will SOON!

From there, I ran home, picked up Sean and Tate and we headed to Colo where we ate a quick (and delicious!) supper and dropped Tate off for the weekend!
He couldn't have been happier to see us leave.
He was very excited to be staying at Nana and Papa P's for the weekend!
And THANK YOU is not enough for keeping him Pat and Linda!!!

We left Colo around 7:15pm to drive to Muscatine.
Saturday was the first event.
It was in a really fabulous, HUGE room in Davenport with no electricity.
So a few lights were brought in with extension cords, but the rest was all candle lit.
It was such a cool atmosphere.
Very "big city", industrial art gallery feeling...minus the lights one would likely find in an art gallery! :)
The wine was free...and let's just say we took advantage of that!
A LOT of money was raised so that our brothers and sisters in Liberia could have clean water.
$11,000!!!
And it was nice to have an adult evening with no kids!

And my parents started the dancing later in the evening.
After this...many others joined.

Sunday was spent sleeping in for me.
Remember, I don't drink...ever.
So a few glasses of wine DID ME IN!
I felt better by lunchtime. :)
We spent the day getting ready and setting up Geneva for the charity event that my parents were hosting there that night.
My friend (who happens to be my co-worker too!) drove all the way to Muscatine for the day to help us set up and be a part of this amazing event.
And she drank the "water kool aid"...and she "gets" it.
I am so happy about the fact that she is committed to this cause!

There was great music...

great company...

And Scott Harrison, founder of Charity:Water...amazing.
He and my dad...

And lots of money was raised at the event on Sunday night too...
$17,000!!!
It was an amazing weekend!

2 comments:

Candi said...

So much happened and so many new people introduced to the water need! All we expected and much much more... if you weren't there, you really missed out! Fun, food, art, music and MONEY raised for this amazing cause! So happy and blessed by it all. As I am now in Fl. I can just relive, rethink and REJOICE in the success of it. I love people, I see all their gifts & talents and look at each as a new piece of a puzzle, a puzzle we are ALL an important part of. So many blessings in this group working (and playing) for such a worthwhile cause. There were many in the background too... Pat & Linda, spouses,friends, family who came from Des Moines, sitters, Geneva staff ...have I told you how we LOVE them and their taking a day out of their lives to make our function HAPPEN, successfully!? Thank you to my supporters, ALL of you!! :) I'm getting emotional here, I need to stop... :)

Anonymous said...

It's so great that 'Tate' won the auction for toys! What a fun event, good to see you!

Kelly