Sunday, November 15, 2009

productive and relaxing weekend

We had such a productive day today! It's 6:45pm and I still haven't showered. I will be heading to do that shortly. :)

I spent more time cleaning the bathroom today than I have ever spent cleaning a bathroom. For almost 3 years I have been showering every day with bath toys at my feet. It's not really been that big of a deal, but as the years have gone by, more bath toys have been acquired. We do have this little turtle net thing that suctions to the side of the bath, but it is always bulging with toys and has toys falling out of it. I just couldn't take it anymore. I did some rearranging and now, for the first time in 3 years, I have NO bath toys in the bath tub!!! Woohoo!!! We will now be getting them out of our designated bath toy drawer each time Tate bathes and then putting them back after the bath. He had WAT too many bath toys in his bath at a time anyway.

So anyway, I seriously cleaned our tiny 6X6 bathroom for 2 hours! Much of that time was spent bleaching/cleaning all of his bath toys. He has about 837 of those rubber toys that squirt water and I don't know if any of you have this problem, but if you don't clean those and let water sit in those, you may find that the next time water squirts out of it, the water is black and chunky. Yes, that's right...disgusting!!! So I spent about 45 minutes cleaning all 837 of his squirt toys. It is no fun cleaning those. Really, all you can do is fill them with water, shake them up and squirt out the water and nasty black stuff and then repeat until they squirt out clean. Tedious and annoying. But I did it, and they're all clean now.

I also threw away a ton of broken toys, empty shampoo and conditioner bottles and empty hair product bottles. I scrubbed every inch of the floor, scrubbed the sink and toilet, reorganized all of the items that I hadn't thrown away, bleached the bathtub and Magic Eraser'd the tub surround. That bathroom is sparkling! We'll see how long that lasts.

I have done a ton of laundry today. I also put away a bunch of Tate's clothes that are too small. It seems like I'm always doing that. He grows like a weed!!!! He must be going through a growth spurt too because he is sleeping really well and eating ALL THE TIME! I am not kidding. If he's not eating, he's saying, "I'm hungry Mommy." And he really is! We will give him food and he will eat it...all of it!

In addition to spending all day cleaning, doing laundry, feeding Tate every 15 minutes and makeing a delicious dinner (see recipe and picture below)...Tate and I managed to sit down and relax while watching his new favorite movie Alladin! I LOVE that movie and am so happy he's developed a love for it as well. He asks to watch it every day!

Yesterday wasn't terribly productive, so I am happy today was. We spent all day yesterday watching football and laying around. I made tacos for supper and then we went to bed at a decent time. I needed a day like that, but our house NEEDED a day like today! :) It feels good to get a little bit of both in a weekend...relaxation and productivity.

I had better get back at it. I need to bath my child and myself and clean up from our yummy dinner! Here's to a week that hopefully will fly by! We've got a super exciting Water Weekend ahead of us next weekend!

1 comment:

sarak said...

You are super mom!!! It feels good to get it done doesnt it? maybe you should come and do my bathroom next:)