Sunday, November 15, 2009

It never fails...

If I want pictures of Tate smiling, I just need to put him in the bath tub...



There were just too many smiling pictures to choose from...


At one point during his bath, Tate picked up his cup filled with bath water like he was going to take a drink. I quickly said, "Tate, don't drink that water, it's yucky!" As the words came out of my mouth, I immediately thought of the millions of people who would probably look at that water and just wish it was the water they could drink every day.

We are so blessed in so many ways that I remember a time when I didn't even realize that one of my biggest blessings was to simply have access to water...clean water.
And now, I can't get it out of my head...I am constantly reminded every time I cook, wash dishes, brush my teeth, drink water, take a shower, give Tate a bath, wipe down the counter, make iced tea, do laundry, water plants, mop the floor, etc.
Can you imagine not having access to water without walking miles and miles and then the water that you do get is contaminated and dirty?
Don't let yourself forget about how blessed you are.
And when you're reminded...GO HERE...give water.

1 comment:

Mom :) said...

What a beautiful little guy you have!! What a perfect post with "WATER" on so many people's minds!! Cannot wait to have you here helping in this fantastic fun amazing event!! Praise be. There are people who "get it" Who CARE!! : ) I am honored to be a part!! Sigh!!!!!!! :)