Friday, October 30, 2009

Beggar's Night in Des Moines

Costume #1 - Black Spiderman
The ginormous spiderman boxing gloves are not part of the costume. :)

And this is for my family...apparently Black Spiderman does "rag doll". The only thing holding this rag doll up is his face propped on the arm of the couch. He was getting irritated with me trying to take a picture of him.

The only way I could get a straight on picture of Tate is when he was strapped in the carseat and couldn't move. Something tells me he wasn't smiling under that mask!

Tate walking up to a house to trick-or-treat.

A couple of funny stories:
The first house we went to, Tate hadn't gotten the hang of what he was supposed to do yet so when the lady bent down with the HUGE bowl filled with candy, Tate quietly said "trick-or-treat" and matter of factly wrapped his arms around the entire huge bowl and tried to pull it away. He didn't understand that she was bending down to let him pick a peice out and not take the whole bowl.

After several houses, Tate got more comfortable. We got to one house where the lady opened the door and Tate just walked right into the house, took his mask off and went running around the corner! I had wet shoes on and didn't think I should take off after him so I just apologized and hollered for him to come back. He was saying, "it warm in here!" It was pretty cold out and I think he just thought, okay, I'm going to cozy up in this warm house. The lady was so nice and thought it was funny. She said, "he can stay in here for a bit and warm up!" Ummm...thanks for the offer, but we'll pass on taking over your house. He just must of felt at home there! It was pretty embarrassing!

Stay tuned for a Beggar's Night in Colo post when Tate will be in costume #2!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Funny!!!!! We had a fun n ight too!! Glad you got the costume in time!!...from Brenda!

Candi said...

As I reread your blog more thoroughly, I laughed out loud about the rag doll incident! TOO FUNNY!! He's the best at it I do believe!! : )