Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekends

Thank goodness it's Friday! Oh how I long for the weekends every week! And they never fail to deliver. There's just nothing better than a weekend. Whether we have no plans at all and spend it together as a family doing nothing, or we spend it getting a lot done around the house, or we spend it traveling to visit family or friends, or we spend it on a mini weekend vacation somewhere...it's always super satisfying! This weekend will be spent getting stuff done around the house. I turn 29 on Monday and for my birthday, want nothing more than a clean house, not a single load of laundry to do, not a single dish to wash and to know that there's no hidden mess somewhere behind a closed door. So this weekend we will clean and get the house organized which in turn helps to make my life feel organized. Monday evening will be dedicated to spending time with my 2 favorite boys in the world! Can't wait!

I know I will feel super good on Sunday after having a productive weekend...exausted, but good! There will be some 'down time' this weekend too. Like tomorrow during the Hawkeye game...I will be planted in front of the television rooting on my team. And can I just add that I couldn't have dreamed up better weather than the weather we've been having?!!! Wow...it could stay like this ALL YEAR and I would be one happy camper. Not too hot, not too cold...JUST RIGHT!

This time of year is my favorite...maybe partially because not only is the weather great, but I also get to celebrate Sean's birthday, my birthday, Tate's birthday AND our wedding anniversay all in a matter of a 4 week period of time! We will be celebrating 5 years of wedded bliss this year. Ha. That kind of cracks me up just typing that. I can't say it's ALL been wedded bliss, but I wouldn't change it for anything and the not so blissful times have just brought Sean and I closer and it's definitely brought me closer to God and taught me that I need to lean on Him more, which I will ETERNALLY be grateful for! As most marriages, we have a lot that we can improve on and even after 5 years, we're still working out the kinks, but we're doing it together and I can't speak for Sean, but I fall more in love with him with every year that passes! :)

All of that to say...

"I LOVE ME SOME WEEKENDS!!!"

No comments: