Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Surrounded

We are surrounded by children's items. I never knew my house would look like this...

Tate's bed.
Could he have more blankets and stuffed animals?!?!

And the striped wallpaper is a subject in itself that I just can't even get into right now.
Remember...we live in a rental.
What the previous tenants were thinking when they decorated the kitchen is beyond me.
Yes, this is 1 of the walls in our kitchen.
Thank GOODNESS they didn't wallpaper the entire kitchen!
Anyway, the numbers are so fun for Tate...so we leave them up...in our kitchen.
Why not? A kitchen can be educational, right?!!

And why wouldn't we bring the whole "kiddie" theme into the bathroom?
Notice the not so adult looking shower curtain and the training potty (which never gets used!).

Moving into the living room.
This is Tate's area where all his toys are stashed behind one of the couches. The point of this was so that his toys could kind of be hidden and we could have some sense of "adultness" (I know that's not a word, but go with me here) without feeling like we were being swallowed by toys.

And as you can clearly see, that plan didn't quite work. The toys are not only behind the couch, but ALL over the living room...

And there's nothing like a sweet family picture covered up by your sons basketball hoop...in the middle of the living room.

In all honesty, I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love that every where I look, I see Tate. Whether he's there or not.
I love being a Mommy and I love that if anyone walked into my house, they would immediately know that that is what I am.
I am Tate's Mommy and everything about me and my house shows it.
It is my greatest joy.
And even more...Sean happily lives this way also.
He doesn't complain about the numbers on the kitchen wall, he doesn't complain about the "kiddie" shower curtain or the toys all over the living room.
Some may say that it's because he's a kid himself (and it may partially be that)...but I know that it's because he feels the same way I do.
Being Tate's Daddy is his greatest joy and he would also do anything for Tate.
He was born to be a father and Tate is so blessed that he got him as his own!

No comments: