Friday, May 29, 2009

Not the best way to start the weekend...

Well we started our weekend with a bang. Sean has not felt well the last 48 hours and awoke this morning with severe abdominal pain. He finally decided to go to the doctor. They ordered a CAT Scan and found that he had an appendicitis. Ugh. He called me to let me know that he was advised to go to the ER right away and get his appendix out. So I left work and we headed to the ER and got his appendix out. Within an hour and a half of his surgery being completed, we were walking out the door. Modern medicine is amazing! He's feeling much better with out the pain from his appendix, but is really tired and sore. Apparently the recovery is quick and easy.

I was messing around with Sean while he was in the ER and kept saying, "can I take a picture so I have an image to use when I blog about this?" I was totally kidding knowing there was no way he would let me. He said "no" without hesitation. About 20 minutes after they gave him his IV pain medication, I jokingly asked him again thinking he'd say "no". Well the pain meds must have really worked because he responded with a sigh and that is all. So here's a picture of my drugged hubby about 30 minutes before surgery.

3 comments:

Beckysblog said...

oh no!!! Not fun.

and why do we have appendix anyway?

sarak said...

I'm so glad Sean is ok. We've been worried.
Now you get to take care of the patient again:)

Me said...

Hope you're feeling better Peakin!