Sunday, May 31, 2009

Melissa's Baby Shower

For the last several weeks I've been planning a baby shower for my good friend Melissa who is adopting a baby boy due in a few days! It's such an exciting time for her and her husband and it brings all the memories back from when Sean and I adopted Tate. Today was the day of the shower. It went great! I had it at the Botanical Center and it was perfect.

I am no cake decorator, but I took on the task of baking and decorating Melissa's cake and I must say that I am pretty proud of the finished product. I wanted something with feet on it and didn't know exactly how I would do it. It ended up turning out pretty cute I think!
This is a picture that has the napkins in it that I used as a reference for the colors I used for the shower. I thought the napkins were so cute! I am not a huge fan of the pastel and babyish looking decorations and I know Melissa isn't either, so we went with a 'not so babyish' looking baby shower.


Melissa and I...adoptive mommies!!! :)

The room had beautiful big windows that looked out onto the gardens.

The guests all decorated onesies for the baby and all did a terrific job...they turned out so cute!

Now we just wait for Baby Boy Morris to arrive! We are so excited and can't wait to meet him! Only a few more days!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

AWESOME job on the cake. LOVE it!!!
What an exciting time for them. :)

Mom :) said...

Everything turned out so COOL! LOVE the cake that matched the fantastic napkins! Everything was perfect in the room, what a fun setting! Great job Jennie!! : )

Cassie said...

those baby feet are perfect!
so cute. good job on the cake! i know how much work that is...