Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"JP"

With my new job, I have to build relationships with our Wells Fargo Health Advantage (WFHA) "dealers" aka...dental, vetrinary and audiology offices. We have thousands of them. This job is for me and another WFHA relationship manager (my new title)...also some will call me a WFHA Dedicated Representative and a less used title of mine will be WFHA Sales/Relationship Representative. Anywho, our "dealers" will refer to me as their WFHA relationship manager. Wow, I went of on a tangent there.

So, the only other WFHA relationship manager's name is also Jenny (spelling is different though) and as to not confuse our "dealers", I cannot be called "Jennie". It just won't work. Also, "Jen" will not work because some of them call her "Jen" too. They need to be able to differentiate us. It's just too confusing to them and also the other team members who we work with as well. SO...from the beginning, my new boss has been calling me "JP"...that is my name to him. That is what he thinks I should refer to myself as when talking to our "dealers". Ummmm...I don't like it. I don't know if I can get used to it, but at the same time, what other choice do I have? Does "JP" sound weird (I kind of think so). I also think it makes me seem less professional I guess. It's just a strange name. I don't know, maybe I just am not used to the idea of being called anything else than I have ever been called in my whole life. Should I use my middle name? Should I make up a completely different name to use? I need opinions. Is "JP" okay?

"Hello, Dr. Smith...my name is JP, and I will be your relationship manager going forward." I don't know that it sounds right.

I NEED ADVICE!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

that sounds dumb.
and it makes me think of john poley! :) does chris call him jp or something?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cass... I told her, it sounds fine, not dumb, just different! What is her other choice ?! I guess I'd introduce myself as Jennie, but to keep me apart from the other Jenny, you can call me JP... what is she to do?! Oh dear!! ;- )

Beckysblog said...

Well since Cassie said it, I'll say it.
They should not be able to make you change your name.
Purely on the principle of it I would refuse.
They cannot change your name.

Make Jenny change her name! Or have the others involved get a clue and figure out the difference between ie and y.

Gretchen said...

Can't you be Jennie P?
And the other girl Jenny whatever he last initial is?

JP sounds like a 4 year old boys name.

If you want to sell it to your boss tell him that Jennie P sounds more professional.

Jennie Peakin said...

I should probably explain that they're not making me change my name. I mean, we all know it would work out best if I didn't have the same name as the other Jenny, but if I insisted on being called Jennie still, they would not argue. It will cause way too much confusion though...I can't really explain why without getting into detail about my job, but trust me, it would cause problems. It's a unique situation. I have no idea what to do...ugh.

Beckysblog said...

go with Jennie P.

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

It's not like they are calling you Mrs. Peakin. I am still getting used to that!
I think it sounds fine, in fact that is what I will be calling you from now on as well :)

JamieLynne said...

It seems rather masculine to me. What is your middle name??? Maybe you could use that as an alternative. I agree that it sounds less professional. If no other name I would do what your mom said, introduce yourself as Jennie then give them the option of JP. Otherwise just go by Jennie Peakin, that should work!