Sunday, February 01, 2009

Reminiscing

I was looking through our wedding pictures tonight and they caused me to think about a lot of things/people that I miss and are going to miss. I miss my two friends on the left side of this picture. Jessica lives close by, but with life and family, it's just so hard to get together. I love her and feel blessed to call her a friend. I miss you Jessica! The other friend standing next to Jessica is Kay. She and I have been the best of friends since we were in 6th grade. She is so special to me, but due to distance and again, just life in general, it is so hard to get together. With both of these amazing girls though, when we do get together, we pick up right where we left off. I miss you Kay! I love both of you so much!
I LOVE my nieces and nephews and adore every age that they have gone through, but looking at this picture made me miss "Baby Lani". Isn't she the sweetest thing?! She still is!
And seriously, before Tate, I never knew love like the love I felt for all of my nieces and nephews. Brigg and Lani were my first niece and nephew and they were the first people that made me sure that I knew I wanted to be a mother as soon as possible. I am so blessed to have each and every one of my nieces and nephews and love them ALL so much! This picture just makes my heart melt!
And finally, Cassie and Paul's house was the setting for most of our wedding pictures. The picture below was taken during Sean and I's "first look" at each other on our wedding day. It was taken in front of the huge pine tree in Cassie and Paul's back yard. It was a special moment that neither of us will ever forget! Below that picture is another one of my favorite pictures of the people in my wedding party that I love so much. They are sitting on Cassie and Paul's front steps. Below that is a picture of Sean and I in their front yard. Their place was a beautiful setting for our wedding photos! We are so glad to have these pictures to remember the moment because they are putting their house on the market today. I can't think of another reason why it is so sad to me other than the fact that one of the most special and important days of my life took place partially at their house. I don't know if that's just it or if I just really love their house, but either way it is bittersweet. I know that Cassie and Paul are happy to begin the next chapter of their life in a different house, so it will be a good move for them. I will miss their house though. :) If anyone is looking for an amazing 4 bedroom house in Muscatine though, check it out!


1 comment:

Cassie said...

well that's just sad.