Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update and more prayer request

We haven't had a great night. Tate slept well with spurts of waking up and crying for only seconds and then going back to sleep. He was dead asleep through his vitals check at 12:00 am and 4:00 am. Sean and I didn't sleep too well though. Ugh. We are a little concerned though, Tate has developed a fever. At 4:00 a.m it was just over 100 degrees and he's had Tylenol in his system every 3 hours since the surgery and just now when they came into the room it was 104 degrees. He's pretty lethargic and of course burning up. He has a nasty cough with a lot of congestion in his lungs.The nurse called the on call doctor who has decided at this time to just wait and see if it goes down and the nurses will just monitor his temp to make sure it doesn't get any higher. Tate has had pneumonia before which makes him more prone and it is one of the risks following a tonsilectomy and considering he was already developing a cold when he went into surgery, we are wondering if that could be what's causing this. Please pray that his fever goes away and his congestion gets better. Pray that this fever is not a symptom of pneumonia. I was so relieved yesterday and now I have that sick sinking feeling again. I just want this all to be over!

5 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Praying for you all.

Sara said...

I have been praying! What a sweetie! Jack has been looking at blogs with me. I asked him if he wanted to pray for Tate with me. We just held hands and prayed for Tate to feel better. Jack wants him better too. :)

sarak said...

Thinking and praying for you all. It is good that he is still in the hospital for monitoring though and not home. Take care! Get well soon Tater!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you all. Thanks for the updates on your blog. They are very informative and makes me feel like I'm there with you. Give Tate a hug for me.

Gretchen said...

We are prating here. Hayden says "Pray Tate".
Thankfully you are still at the hospital, and they can get it under control.
Thanks for the updates.