Sunday, January 25, 2009

A new normal...

Aside from a remaining cough that's not too bad anymore, Tate is almost back to his normal self. Although I am thinking that 'normal' for Tate may not be what it was before. Before...normal was a chapped chin, wet shirt from constant drooling, snoring while sleeping AND awake, constant runny nose because his sinuses were swollen shut and he had no place for his sinus fluids to drain, taking an hour and a half to fall asleep and waking up multiple times in the night. That was before. Now...we've got dry shirts (thank goodness!), chin is healed, no more snoring (!!!!), I've even caught him sleeping with his mouth closed! Also he is falling asleep quickly (except for last night, but I am hoping that was a fluke!), he sleeps deep...probably because he can breath now. He is such a chatter box these last 3 or 4 days too! He is just happier I think. I like this normal a lot better!He is obviously able to fall asleep much easier than before. I came into the living room today to find Tate relaxing on the couch watching Cast Away (it just happened to be on TV) and about 2 minutes later when I came back in, I found him like this. Apparently Cast Away was a little boring for this 2 year old...imagine that! :) This NEVER would have happened before his surgery. It was just too hard for him to get to sleep.
Also, it seems that being home and happier, Tate has discovered some of his 'older' toys that have become new to him again! He's been pretending with "guys" and pushing around his cars and trucks more. I don't know if it's just a coincidence and he would have started doing these things anyway, but he just seems like such a different boy! He kind of looks different too! He's so much skinnier! You can't really tell in the pictures, but I even think his face looks a bit different because of the weight he's lost. His dimples show more (which I love!) and his little ribs, collar bones and shoulder blades are much more prominent as well. I am thinking he'll be gaining it back quickly though. At least by the 4 pancakes and banana he ate this morning it seems he won't have a problem!

Tomorrow is back to work for me...back to reality. I am kind of ready for reality again. For no more sickness and cooped up in my house. Although, I really am not looking forward to being away from my boy! :( I will miss him. I know he'll be happy to be back at daycare with his friends. I just hope it's not a problem getting him back into that schedule. He's going to need to wake up much earlier. He's been sleeping until after 9:00 some mornings and to get to daycare in time, he needs to be up by 7:00. Ugh. Hopefully he does okay with that.

2 comments:

sarak said...

I'm so glad he is finally feeling better!
Thanks for hangin out last night. It was SO FUN! I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Oh YEA!! I am so happy things have finally gotten better! I too hope getting back to a routine happens quickly! :) Little dolly boy... just want to squeeze him but won't as I may break him, ha! Enjoy your 1st day back to work.