Thursday, January 15, 2009

I don't want to speak too fast, but...

It seems like Tate's on the mend. He went from 10:30 last night until he woke up this morning at 8:00 with no pain meds or Tylenol. He had a little bit of a fever...about 100, but he wasn't complaining about pain or anything. It was a struggle to get his pain meds down, but he finally took them and about a half hour later, he was asking for water and is now eating. He's got a spread of pudding, yogurt and a smoothie on his tray. He seems to be enjoying it! YAY! Then, when I went to give him his antibiotic, he opened his mouth and took it right down. Thank goodness! Giving him his meds has been quite the struggle, so this was a relief.

Yesterday was difficult and Tate was not a happy camper. We all layed around all day and did a lot of sleeping. He refused to eat or drink anything all day. It was tough seeing Tate so uncomfortable and he refused to do anything, but lay on us and sleep. Chris and Brenda brought over a homemade pizza for us for supper which was seriously a life saver! I did not know how I was going to drag myself off of the couch to make supper...I think I would have been much more satisfied just not eating at all! So THANK YOU Chris and Brenda for that, it was so very much appreciated and super delicous too!!!

So I am relieved today that Tate appears much better. I am praying that from here things just get better with each day of his recovery that passes. Thank you all for all of your great comments, thoughts and prayers. Really, we appreciate everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Praise be !!!! I hope he can prove all those wrong that stated the 3rd night was the worst!! Prayers that he is over the hump... :) Love you Tater!!