Friday, December 26, 2008

Where to begin...

I love Christmas. I love being with my most wonderful family. I love the feeling I get during Christmas. I love it even more now that I have a family of my own, though it's still so special to be with my extended family and feel the same feelings while recognizing how much has changed in all of our lives. We've all "grown up" and we are no longer the "kids" at Christmas. I sometimes miss being the kid, but not as much as I enjoy being one of the adults who gets to watch the kids light up at Christmas.

It was a wonderful Christmas as usual. Tate still doesn't completely "get it", but he will soon enough. We hope to be able to raise him to cherish Christmas because of the true meaning, to love to give more than to receive. It's hard not to spoil him though! :) He got spoiled enough from his grandparents...we didn't have to. He got a few small gifts from us and his gifts from Santa and he is one happy camper! Here are some pictures from the weekend before Christmas when we celebrated at Cassie and Paul's in Muscatine with the extended family on my side.

Me and my mommy...

Tate climbed right up on his Great Grandpa's lap while he was eating.

Tate, Lani and Brigg

These two adore Sean.

this is as successful as we could get capturing a picture of all of the Stewart side grandkids

No comments: