Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Special Christmas Celebration

I can never find the right words to describe how special it is to spend time with Tate's birth family. It is beyond any wish I ever dreamed would be realized. It's one of those blessings that you never dreamed you would feel a need for, but once you have it, you cannot imagine not having it. I would have never known what I was missing if I was never able to witness the bond that Tate and Brandon have. I would have never known that there would be something that Tate was missing had I not witnessed this bond. Now I know. Now I see first hand the importance of this relationship Tate has with his birth father. I only pray that someday he'll get to experience that with his birth mother. I always read about the benefits of an adopted child having a relationship with his birth parents. I see it now and it has been also so important and special to us too! And to top it all off, not only is Tate able to see and feel the love that his birth father has for him, but also his birth Grandma and Grandpa as well! There are no words really. They are all family now. I can't imagine life without them in it. I know Tate feels it too. Even at his young age...he knows these times are so special!



So we celebrated Christmas with these special people who we are honored to call family and we had an amazing time! The love they show Tate is so amazing! Tate had a blast! Plus, he got a RIDICULOUS amount of toys, clothes, books and SO many other things! He would be fine not getting a single other item for Christmas! He got the hang of opening presents insanely fast!


Tate loved wearing Brandon's Colts hat. He didn't want to take it off, so Brandon didn't make him! :)

This was Tate's deep, pure joy he had when he opened his Handy Manny...

He couldn't contain himself!

A quick moment with Daddy...


Working on some gymnastics with Brandon...
Deflating a chair he got from Grandma and Grandpa so it would fit in our car.
How many men does it take to deflate a chair? Well, all of them in the house! Tate even felt the need to join in by putting his foot on the chair to help deflate it just like Brandon while Sean and Gary layed on it. I love how Tate's hand is placed on Brandon's leg...so sweet!
Tate's bond with Brandon is so natural. His relationship with him and his love for him is not something that's forced. It's a bond that I am so honored to witness and so grateful he gets with his "first father"!

No comments: