Friday, November 28, 2008

HOT...and not in a good way...

Tate has been burning up this last 24 hours. It breaks my heart when he's sick. Last night at 2:30am, I was awakened to the pitter patter of feet in the hallway heading towards the kitchen and a little sicky voice saying, "mommeeee". He was scared and didn't know where I was and when I picked him up, it was like picking up a HEATER! Sean woke up when I went out into the hallway and got Tate and he got him some medicine and then took over since I had to work in the morning and he didn't. He rocked our HOT little boy for a few minutes until he fell back to sleep and then put him back down. He was burning up again this morning and I could hardly bear to leave him when I went to work...it broke my heart! Sean said that he did pretty good today between his feverish times. He and Daddy did a lot of laying on the couch and cuddling. He has been drinking just fine, which is good, but hasn't eaten since breakfast. Poor baby. :( He was acting okay this evening until about 8:00pm when he started burning up again, he cuddled in about that time with a new dose of Tylenol to watch the Incredibles for a while. He fell asleep in my arms and I layed him down, still hot. I hope his fever breaks and he sleeps through the night and feels better tomorrow. Seeing your child be sick and uncomfortable is just about the worst, most helpless feeling! It's not fun for any of us. I wish I could just take it away from him!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love the pictures at the top of your blog! I hope Tate is feeling better. We've been through that lately too, and you're right, it's the worst, most helpless feeling.