Monday, October 20, 2008

A Good Weekend

As I stated in my previous post, we had a good day yesterday. Today was a good day too. Tate and I went to Raccoon River Park and met up with a friend and her little boy Jax...he's such a sweetie, almost 4 months old. We had a picnic and then enjoyed the beautiful weather while Tate played on the playground. Tate had a blast! Then, we got home and played and played and played with all of Tate's Handy Manny toys and read books and danced...just had a nice afternoon. Then Tate went down for a looooooong nap. I got some time to relax and get some clothes organizing done. I put away some summer clothes of mine, reorganized my closet and dresser. It feels good to do that. Once Tate finally woke up, we headed to Cathy and Steves because my Grandpa and uncle were there. We ate some super yummy food (thanks Cathy!) and hung out and Tate ran around with Bode and had a great time. Tate was a little stand offish with his Great Grandpa at first, but by the time we left, he was leaning in for kisses. He kept wanting kisses and kissed him about 4 times! It was so sweet!

We had a great weekend and it makes it all the harder to head back to work tomorrow. :( I am hoping that the week flies by. Sean has a busy weekend ahead of him this next weekend and Tate and I are going to Muscatine on Friday when I get off of work and will head back home on Sunday. Lani's birthday is the 27th, so we wanted to see her and hand deliver her birthday gift. Also, I think I will be setting up shop to do Cassie's hair while I am there as well. It'll be nice to get away for a weekend. It feels like it's been a while. I just wish Sean could come too. Looking forward to the days when Sean will be more available. It's not far away and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...only about 6 months! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

love the new picture on your header!

Anonymous said...

OH YES!! I LOVE it TOO!!! Wow!! Tater you are so beautiful!!!! :)