Thursday, October 09, 2008

Clearing out the clutter...

I am READY for the weekend! It's funny though, at the same time, I feel like the week just started. I love that my weeks go by so fast, but hate that the weekends do too. We have no plans for the weekend. I plan to get some extra laundry done. Exciting, I know.

I put a TON of Tate's 12 and 18 month sized clothes away last night. He can't fit into anything smaller than 24 mos in bottoms, though he still wears a lot of 18 mos tops. I put a lot away...it seems like jeans that fit him3 weeks ago are suddenly high waters. He sure is getting a lot taller these days. I can't really tell except for in his clothes though. He's been wearing a lot of 2T things this last week.

Also, Sean and I went through a lot of his toys last night and put a ton of those away too. Our living room was getting out of control...it's becoming a toy room. That had to change. I want my living room to look like a living room and want all of Tate's toys to easily fit into his little 3 ft x 3 ft corner that's kind of hidden by the TV stand and the couch. This has been pretty manageable until after his birthday and we started to spill out into the other areas of the living room, so we cut down on the toys. They all fit in that corner again so I am happy. :) He has his "toy room" in the basement and also has a few toys in his room. It seems that he mostly prefers to play with the toys in the living room though.

Tate got a bath tonight and for the first time, I had to comb his hair and there were rats in it! Ugh! I really might have to break down and cut it. I don't know. We'll see, but for the first time in his life, it did cross my mind.

I don't know about all of you, but I am (almost) thoroughly enjoying this fall weather! I love this weather, but my allergies are a mess! I have been digging at my eyes like crazy...it's miserable! I have had headaches and a scratchy throat for days. Despite all of that, I can still say I LOVE fall!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have been working on the same projects - packing away clothes and toys. We are headed out this morning to get a couple more storage containers.

sarak said...

I hear ya on the toy and allergy things!
Have a great relaxing weekend. Its going to be beautiful but spending time outside is horrible due to allergies I know.
Talk to you soon!