Friday, September 12, 2008

This is my favorite age!

I don't think I am one of those moms that says, "this is my favorite age!" at every age Tate becomes. I know I have said it before, but not every age have I felt that way. We've gone through phases where I've thought, "I hope this phase ends soon, it was easier when he was younger". I have to say, Tate's age right now is my FAVORITE!

He is independent enough that I don't have to have my eye on him at every moment, so I am free to get things done around the house more easily. He is verbal enough that (though it sometimes takes a while) he can verbalize what he wants, and if he can't, he can drag me by the shirt to wherever he wants me to go. :) He is past the stage of just learning to be mobile and refusing to do any cuddling because he insists on being on the move all the time, so I am able to get a bit of cuddle time these days. He understands when I tell him what to do and has experienced consequences enough to know what he shouldn't do...he's not a fan of time out and rarely has to get time outs anymore. He can be put in front of a movie (I know...I'm terrible!) if I need him to be occupied for an extended period of time. He loves to sing and listen to me sing and loves to learn new songs. I see him learn new words and new things literally every day and it is SO AMAZING to watch your child learn and see new things. I love the amazement and excitement in his fave when he witnesses something new and exciting that he's never seen before. He will still let me rock him before bed if I want to and will lay his head on me and talk to me. I love it when he talks to me and is so genuinely into what he is telling me.
He is so sweet and melts my heart every single day. He never ceases to amaze me. I love having my baby while seeing the little boy he's becoming. I know the baby part will go away much sooner than I want it to, but for now I am SO enjoying this crossroads of where baby meets boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes... they do grow up so fast and even though we all say that so much, it doesn't ring true till you realize you can't get it back again :-( So, enjoy every stage, some are a bit longer & tougher... oh dear!! ;-) Those years are yet to come...yikes!!! HA!!