Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

And the busyness until Tate's party begins tomorrow! This cake I have decided to take on is (as everyone is telling me) going to be a task that will take hours upon hours, so I put each step in my planner and am taking the week to complete it. That will be taking up much of my evenings next week. Tomorrow we are going to Colo to have dinner with Sean's parents after I get off of work. We will be stopping in Nevada on the way to pick up my camera (that means pictures for you!!!!). Then Saturday I will be going to order the balloons for Tate's party to be picked up by Sean on the day of the party. I also have a list of things around the house that need done in addition to putting together the party favors for the party. I hope to get a few loads of laundry done (I skipped a few days this week. ARGH!) fitting a shower into the mix would be nice as well. :) Then on Saturday evening when Sean gets off, we will be going to Chris and Brenda's for SUSHI!!!! They are doing that as a gift for Sean and my birthdays and then we'll surely hang out until the wee hours. Sunday is my birthday!!!! I will be the big 2-8! Nothing major planned that day aside from Cathy watching Tate for an hour (or two if she'll have him) while I go buy all of the groceries for cake making and all of the other snacks and things that I'll need for the party in addition to my regular grocery trip. It will be SO much easier to do it without Tate. He is not the greatest to take to the grocery store these days. I also hope to make it to Nobbies (or some other party store) to buy a pinata, some decorations for the party and the necessary plates, cups and napkins we will be needing. Maybe I'll pick up Tate's birthday gift while I am out too...we'll see how much time I have. Monday is back to work and then cake baking (and then freezing them) in the evening. Tuesday is stuffing the pinata night after Tate goes to bed...Sean works late on Tuesdays so I probably won't get time to do any cake making that night. Wednesday is fondant making and food coloring it and then refridgerating it. Thursay is our 4 year anniversary (what were we thinking adding ANOTHER event into September!!!) so Chris and Brenda are watching Tater while Sean and I go out to dinner and do some birthday shopping for Tate if I don't have time to get it done on Sunday. Friday is making the buttercream frosting, assembling as much of the cakes as possible (if possible completeing them, but we'll see how much time I have) and then trying to get a good night sleep! Saturday morning will be making Chex Mix, and doing any cake completion that needs done and hopefully not having to go to Hy-Vee to buy a cake because mine just didn't work and looks terrible! :) I am not ruling that possibility out though! Then when Sean gets home at 1:00, hopefully Tate will be just going down for his nap and I will have all of the food and cake done to take to Chris and Brenda's and do a bit of decorating before heading home and taking a shower and looking presentable for the party! WHEW! Hopefully all goes as planned! Only time will tell. Prayers people...I need prayers!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

oh yes.
the planner.
the plan looks very good on paper! :)
i'm sure it will work out just fine.

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are doing it in steps!! You will be fine IF you can stick to the plan!! :-) God bless you, sounds like a lot to do!! WHEW!!!