Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now I can't back out...

Today will be jam packed. I drank a pot of coffee this morning and am ready to get A LOT done. Tate slept until 9:40 so we are going to skip his nap today so he'll head to bed early and be able to get up early for daycare tomorrow. I am fine with no nap today as I have a list of things I want to accomplish.

I am documenting this now so that I cannot back out...
I am making Tate's birthday cake this year. I am using fondant too. Never used fondant before, but am hoping my mother (and sister's) creative cake decorating skills are just in my blood because I don't know if I'm going to have time for a practice cake. Seriously, I planned this a while ago and I am wanting to back out...I'm having serious second thoughts. My mother is a cake decorating genius and has always done the cakes for her grand childrens' birthdays, but now that she has so many grand children and has to travel cakes across the state, I am trying to relieve her a bit of her cake decorating duties and also just have a little bit of desire to create something magnificent for my baby boy! Ha. Magnificent...ok, that's a stretch, just as long as our party guests will be able to tell what the creation is, I will be happy. We're doing an Under the Sea themed party and I haven't fully decided what I will be doing for the cake, but I have a few pictures to go off of and hopefully my creative juices will start to flow! I hope documenting this is not going to require me to post a picture because if it's embarrasing, I will not be sharing the "magnificent creation"...sorry. We'll see, hopefully it won't be too awful and I'll post a picture once it's done.

On my list are a couple of items I will need to create my delectable masterpiece. Hopefully I'll be able to find the necessary items. :)

And I may be trying to keep myself busy to distract myself from the sick feeling I have about the idea that my camera may be lost. I have no idea where it might be, but spoke with Sara (whose house I thought I left it at) and she says she hasn't seen it at her house. We tore my van, diaper bag and purse apart looking for it and we absolutely do not have it. I am hoping it shows up at Knutson's house or I may be adding another item to my "need to save up for" list. I don't know where on earth it could be unless it was placed on top of the car as we put Tate in it and drove off and it fell off of the top. Who knows. What I DO know is that I cannot go without a camera...especially with Tate's 2nd birthday party in 2 weeks!!!

2 comments:

sarak said...

No camera yet..I'll keep looking...

Anonymous said...

I have struggled many times with my cake creations BUT I always end up with something that seems well received!! You will do it too AND I am EVER grateful I don't have to travel cakes across the state so much any more.... I will pray for you to be pleased with it. I know you can do it!! :-)