Sunday, September 07, 2008

a movie and drinking out of a "big boy cup"

A few days ago Sean and I decided to get rid of our movie stations from our Mediacom package which would save us some money each month and instead spend less on Netflix! We enjoy watching the movies, but thought this would be a good way to save money and still get to watch movies! :) We got our first movie a couple of days ago and had "movie night" tonight after Tate went to bed. We watched "Bucket List" which we really enjoyed. It was nice and relaxing.

I managed to get some laundry done today and went to buy some of the supplies for my project that I will be working on tomorrow (maybe I will reveal it with pics tomorrow night!). Really, don't get too excited, it's not a big deal. Tater had a rough time napping today...that could be because he decided to sleep in until 9:30 this morning which messed his schedule up completely! He ended up napping for about a 1/2 an hour in the car around 4:30. He was T-I-R-E-D tonight! Hopefully he'll get back to his normal schedule for tomorrow so that I can get some stuff done around the house while he's napping.

We have been working on getting Tate to drink out of a "big boy cup" for the last week or so. He's actually doing ok with it. He does find it amusing to dip his fingers in it and then lick them off though. When he hears praises from us after taking a drink, he gets pretty excited! We're sticking with water right now, we don't want any major milk messes this early in the game (we experienced a pretty major one at Sara and Travis's house the other day...sorry guys!). Anyway, I have pictures and a short video that I will post maybe tomorrow (if I get time) of his skills in this area. :)

Okay, I should go to bed so I'm not too lazy tomorrow to get some things checked off of my list! Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya, it just takes a little time for them to work on drinking from the cup AND also includes a few spills along the way ;- ) Such beautiful days we've had and today is yet another :-) Hope you get things done. It always makes your week go better. :)