Saturday, August 23, 2008

where's the week gone?!

It's been a while since I've blogged, I know. I get annoyed at the regular blogs I read when someone doesn't post for a long period of time :) so I am that annoying blogger this week. It's been a rough week. I have been ill and finally left work early yesterday to try and get myself healthy. I solid night of sleep last night and some drugs and I was good to go today.

Tate has seriously become a different child this last week. I really don't know what's been up with him, but his drooling was out of control and the doctor seemed to think that his tonsils were probably the culprit of that...although, this last week, the drooling has stopped and along with that, so has the whining and the crying at bedtime. He has suddenly become obedient, sweet and cuddly. Full of hugs and kisses. Kris, his daycare provider told me yesterday when I picked him up that he had by far the best day he's ever had at daycare. She said he was so sweet (not this he usually isn't) and listened to instruction extremely well. She said that he played well with the other kids and interacted well with them and she has noticed that he has been talking SO much more! I have noticed as well. We went to Target tonight and Tate walked next to me while I pushed the cart and at one point Sean went into an isle a few isles down and Tate was looking for him. I told him to say, "Daddy, where are you???" Tate headed Sean's way hollering "Daddy, whey ah you?!!" That's the first time he's put together 3 words into a sentence! As small as this may seem, it was a big deal in our world! It was so cute!

Sean's crazy life has begun. He is starting a new work schedule because of his new school schedule and because of the transition, he works Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (all 10 hour days) and then Tuesday has school for 7 hours (his first day) and then goes to work for 4 hours, and then Wednesday works for 6 hours! Then, going forward, he has class every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and works every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Seriously, I don't know how he does it. This summer has been SO WONDERFUL having him around so much. He is so sad and keeps talking about how he's going to miss Tate so much because he won't have as much time with him. In his free time, he is usually studying...or sleeping, so it's really hard for him. We are just so happy that in 8 1/2 months, he'll be DONE...at least for a couple of years! He has worked SO HARD and has been so dedicated to doing well in school, work and still finding time for family...he is truly unbelievable! He is one of the top producers at work and manages to get A's in almost every class he's taken and amidst all of the stress, his job as a father and husband is still a priority to him. We love him so much!

We plan to enjoy this last weekend on Sean being available in the evenings after work. After this, evenings will be dedicated to studies. Please pray for him in this last year of school, it is going to be so trying and I am sure it will be hard for him to see the light at the end of the tunnel at times.

Hopefully we'll get some pictures this weekend. I have been slacking in that department. I'll try to post some in the next couple of days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds rough but part of getting ahead a bit I guess!! Just make the most of the time you have together.... and "don't sweat the small stuff"!! We'll pray for you all!!
Love ya!

Sara said...

Have a great weekend and have fun looking for bargains!