Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Iowa State Fair

We did the fair tonight. It was so much fun and until the last 20 minutes or so, Tate had a blast! He was DONE by the time we left though. His favorite thing was probably the big slide (see video below) and he really liked the ski lift thing too. It made me a bit nervous because it's so high and you aren't really strapped in, but he sat still and just took it all in. We did a round trip and he cried when we got off. He loved it! He really liked the animals and tractors too of course. He did a little dancing and LOTS of eating. He loved the traditional fair food...he ate a well balanced meal of a hot dog, french fries, funnel cake and his first taste of cotton candy. I know, I am such a bad mom! He loved the sweets the best...shocker! He ate about half of a funnel cake and a large chunk of cotton candy. Again...see the video below. I think my favorite part was the horses and just people watching. The HUGE Big Boar was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it...it just layed on its side. I don't even know if it could stand. Crazy. I took pictures, but they don't do it justice at all! It was great weather and a great family activity! :) Tate is snoring in bed and I am heading upstairs to watch the Olympics!

Checking out the animals...


yee haw!

oh, the food...


thank goodness I have such long arms and was able to get this stellar family photo...ha

enjoying the scenery from above...

Tate may be praying that he doesn't fall out of the car in this one...

View this montage created at One True Media
IA State Fair

2 comments:

sarak said...

Nice pics! Fun at the Fair! You are such a good mom to take your son to the fair!
Looks like fun!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Looks like he truly LOVED it!! :)