Friday, July 18, 2008

Moving forward

I've had better weeks than this one, that's for sure. I felt like I was sinking and couldn't pull myself out. It was a multitude of small things, mixed with tragedy and not feeling well. I am happy this week was over.

When I was leaving work today, I was walking up some stairs on the way into the skywalk and a woman next to me tripped and fell up the stairs. Nothing major, she popped right up, but her face was red and I know she was embarrassed. I seriously wanted to cry for her. Okay, I know that I cry easily, I am what some people might call...emotional. Honestly though, this was just a random thing that made me feel bad for someone. People just rushed by her and a couple people chuckled a bit...I felt bad for her. She looked at me and said, "well this is just the icing on the cake of this week." I picked up her keys she dropped and told her that her fall was much more graceful than mine was on those same steps a few weeks ago...which was true. Don't really know the point to that story, I am just feeling bad and that truly made me want to cry for her. Yup, I'm emotional.

I have had the mother of all headaches these last couple of days. I felt like I could barely make it through the day with my pounding headache, staring at a computer screen and a headset attached to my ear with screaming customers on the other end. I did it somehow...what a relief. Work was just not as important to me this week. My coworker's death really put things into perspective for me. It's not that people who have been a big part of my life haven't died before, but I was young when I had to experience those deaths and didn't fully understand. Also, though I was closer to many of those people, I didn't sit next to them all day, talk to them on a daily basis and know that I could count on seeing them every day. It's just so strange to lose someone that you interact with so frequently no matter how close to them you are. I can't get Susan out of my head. I just can't. I am so sad. It has made me re-evaluate how I want to do things on a daily basis...all things, big things and little things.

This weekend I hope to rest and get some time to enjoy my family. Tuesday we will get to spend time with Brandon, Tate's birth father and that is an AMAZING blessing!!!! Then, next weekend we will be spending time with our dear friends the DeCooks. We are so blessed. We are looking forward to the wonderful week ahead and enjoying every moment we have with all of the special people in our lives because you just never know when one of them could be taken from us. I thank God for all of the times I get to spend with the people I love and pray that I will never forget to cherish each moment as it could be the last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so true and if we could all look at each other with those same realizations, we'd be kinder, more accepting and loving. It's hard to separate ourselves from the world and all that's happening around us, good & bad. But for today and hopefully forever, lets try for your co worker's sake to remember what's good and what's important. I still cry for your loss as I know how bad it must feel!! Love you honey.