Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mommy Tater Time

On Thursdays Sean works until 9:oopm, so Tate and I have the whole evening to our selves. I must admit...the majority of the time I am exhausted and would much prefer cuddle time to play time. Thursdays are rough...I am ready for the work week to be over and I know I have one more day of work left...I am just plain drained. Tonight (probably because I slept 12 hours last night) I was not. I was (as usual) so excited to see Tate when I picked him up from daycare. I just didn't feel like my exhausted Thursday self. I love Thursdays like that! Tate and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, I was just able to enjoy our time so much more. We just played with his toys and ate supper together and I sat by him while he took a loooooooooooong bath. After his bath, we put his lotion on together. This is his new thing, he loves putting lotion on himself. Then we went into the living room and I asked him what show he wanted to watch before he went night night. He said, "Manny" and so we watched that. He giggled and smiled and thoroughly enjoyed his show as he cuddled with me. I loved it. Then he looked up and gave me a kiss...for no reason at all. It about made me cry. Little sweetie! After Manny was over, he said, "nigh, nigh?" and I picked him up and decided to rock him for a bit. This never usually works, but tonight he layed his head right down on me and let me rock him for almost 5 minutes! This is huge for him...lately I've been happy if he'll lay his head on me for 5 seconds! We said bedtime prayers and then I layed him down. He is snoring in his bed and I am now going up to read for a while before Sean gets home.

I miss Sean on Thursdays, but I do really enjoy my time alone with Tate. I really miss that time. I loved being able to stay home with him. Nights like tonight are bitter sweet because I love them, but they just remind me of all of the moments I am missing while I am at work. I miss him every day.

No comments: