Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a hard day

Today was a hard day. About a week ago, a coworker of mine was in a bad motorcycle accident. Her and her husband hit a deer. They have both been in the hospital, and today we got the terrible news that after being in a coma for several days, Susan passed away. Less than a month ago Susan bought the Harley they were riding for her husband for his birthday. She had been saving for it for 2 years. She was so proud of that bike, she was so happy to be able to give it to her husband.

Susan was so welcoming. She made me feel comfortable at my new job and she helped me whenever I needed it. I loved talking to her. We often walked out of work together and chatted on the walk to our cars. I felt like I had always known her. I think everyone did. She had a way about her that made everyone feel like they'd known her forever. She was the type of person who always "said it like it was", she never beat around the bush. I loved her honesty. I will miss her. I did not know her for long and did not know her super well, but for some reason, I felt like I did. I am so sad. I can't believe she's gone.

I am going to bed tonight with an ache in my heart for her family. Her daughter is to be married in 3 weeks, she has a 15 year old son and her husband is still in the hospital recovering and awaiting more surgeries. I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through. I pray that they know the Lord and can turn to Him in this terrible time. I pray that He will give them comfort.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

ugh. that is awful. i will be praying for her family as well.
kind of makes my concerns tonight seem so very small...

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for them too honey.... it is one of those very hard things we have to deal with in this life.... so so sad!! I too will keep praying.

sarak said...

I'm so sorry for the loss everyone in her life has to face.
Thinking of you Jennie....
Sara