Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Boy and His Birth Father

It's amazing to see Tate with Brandon. There is a connection there, something that he 'just knows' when he is with Brandon. Sean and I both easily sense it. He is comfortable around him, he is intrigued by him, he loves him. Really, it's so touching and so amazing! Tate was following him around, reaching for him to pick him up and wanting his undivided attention. At one point Brandon had to run out to his car and Tate went running after him and reached up for his hand and walked with him out the door and held his hand as he walked along side him to his car. He doesn't even do that to us! When we said goodbye, Tate leaned in and gave him a kiss on the lips and then was blowing him kisses over and over as we left. It was so sweet!

It really brings us such joy to be able to witness the bond they have. It's like nothing I expected and more than I could have ever wanted! We are so happy that the bond they have exists and that Tate senses the connection they have. I didn't know if he would because he is just getting to the age that he can portray that. I remember just 3 months after he was born, Brandon came to Des Moines and met us for Christmas. Tate couldn't keep his eyes off Brandon and he smiled at him like crazy. I thought it was so sweet and so special and knew there was something there that only he understood...even at that age. I thought that might go away as Tate got older, but last night made me realize it hasn't! I am so happy it didn't because it is an indescribable feeling to see the love that he and Brandon have for each other! It's like Tate knows how special the times we get with Brandon are and he enjoys them to the fullest! I thank God for this amazing gift we have in our relationship with Brandon. We could never thank Brandon enough for his ongoing love and relationship he builds with Tate. What a blessing this is and will be for Tate! My heart is full every time I think of Brandon and every time I get to witness Brandon and Tate interacting. Words just can't describe...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics. Tate looks so sweet and happy!! Special times no doubt.

sarak said...

Great pics. I'm glad you had a good time!:)