Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tate's 18 month well baby check up...

Tate and Mommy got to go see Dr. Timboe today. Tate had his 18 month check up including shots...ugh! I have been SOOOO sick for the last 2 days and decided I had better go to the doctor to make sure it wasn't strep or something. Anyway, turns out Tate had a double ear infection and pink eye! This is the first ear infection Tate has ever had. I would say he did pretty well going 18 months without one. Although, I felt terrible when I heard that he had one because I kind of just brushed off his whininess these last several days just thinking he was cutting a tooth or something...also he's been a drooling machine, so I thought that was the problem. He hasn't been feverish at all and hasn't acted sick aside from a little bit more whining than usual. When Dr. Timboe looked at his throat, he said that his throat was really red too, so the drooling was probably because he has a soar throat! My poor baby! We got him some antibiotics and gave him some Motrin ASAP when we got home and suddenly he was acting like a gem! Probably because it's the first time he hasn't been in pain for days! I feel like such a a bad mom! :( At least I know the problem now.

As far as my health goes, they did a strep test and it was negative. I was honestly surprised because I have had the worst soar throat and fever for the last 48 hours. My whole face hurts...my ears, my sinuses, my throat, my jaw was even hurting! Weird! Anyway, I hope I am on the mend because I have missed 2 days of work this week already and I don't think they'd be too thrilled if I called in again. I am feeling better tonight than I have in the past 2 days which is probably a good sign. I actually sat up awake on the couch for 2 1/2 hours (this is unheard of in the last 48 hours!) watching Idol Gives Back...sobbing. Apparently, all I needed was a good cry to get myself feeling better!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

poor baby!
give him a squeeze from me!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had his "Well Baby check" Whew! Poor little man!! He's tough! Take care!!

sarak said...

Pink eye!!! Oh no!! I guess we wouldnt make good doctors right...
I loved when the Idols sang at the end of Idol Gives Back..I knew you were bawling! I could feel it in my bones:)

Hope you are feeling better soon!