Tuesday, February 05, 2008

What's going on...

I am not so good at keeping my blog up to date now that I am a "working mother". I just want to spend all of my free time with my family. Actually, I just don't have a ton to blog about.

What's been going on...

I am officially out of training at work and things are going fine. I miss my family, but I will survive. Daycare continues to be great for Tate and he loves it there. Sean is super busy as usual and he attempted to start his first IV today. The key word in that sentence is 'attempted'. He couldn't get it. Apparently the man was 73 and very dehydrated and so it was hard for Sean to find the vein. He was excited that he was even able to try, but was mad at himself for not getting it on the first try. I can imagine it's going to take lots of practice. He can't wait to try again. :)

I got off of work today at 2:45 and when I got home, Sean and I went out and scooped snow. We knew that more was coming, but we thought we'd get what had already accumulated so there wouldn't be so much to scoop tomorrow. Sounds like we may be getting up to a foot! YUCK! After we scooped, we went to pick Tate up at daycare and ran a couple of errands. I fell asleep in the car while we were driving to the bank and slept through Sean going through the drive through there and the whole way home. Then, as soon as we walked in the door I layed down on the couch and slept for about an hour! Apparently I was tired! It's 8:45 and I plan on being snuggled in my bed by 9:00.

On Friday Tate and I are heading to Muscatine (weather permitting!) to visit family and on Saturday we are going to the Quad Cities to visit the DeCook's. It has been forever since Tate hs seen his girlfriend, Ava and I haven't seen Lora in James in forever either! I can't wait to see their new house they moved into and just get some time to hang out with them. Sean is sad that he won't be able to join us. :( Then that evening and Sunday Tate and I plan to spend time with my family and just hang out. We won't be in a rush to get home on Sunday because Sean works until 9 pm anyway. I am SO looking forward to the upcoming weekend in Muscatine! I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to post after the weekend, but for now I have been a slacker in the photography area. I'll work on being better about that! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I hope the weather cooporates!! It certainly has been pretty rough for way too long to suit me, Ugh! Look forward to a fun weekend! DRIVE CAREFUL IF you come!!!!