Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Productive Day

Today has been productive. I got some dishes done, some laundry done, the living room picked up and the bathroom cleaned. Tate is feeling MUCH better and his rash is almost completely gone. I, on the other hand, am completely congested and have gone through almost an entire Kleenex box today! It was probably from all of the comforting kisses I have been giving Tate since he's been sick, so I will say it's worth it! :-)

As far as Tate goes, just thought I would document some of the new things he has been doing...

Last night, he slept with a pillow for the first time, he slept on it all night and during his nap today too.

Not only is Tate a professional walker these days, he has started trying to run as well. He hasn't completely figured out the concept, but on occasion, he manages to pick up the speed a bit. :-)

As I mentioned before, he loves playing with the "mernerna" (Tate's language for remote).

It seems that he has about 100 teeth, but I am sure it's not quite that many...I have lost count!

Tate would eat only cheese and pickles if we let him...they are his favorites these days!

Tate is still a HUGE Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan and these days is equally as fond of Handy Manny (my personal favorite!) and Sesame Street.

For the first time last night Tate colored/scribbled with Crayons. He didn't think it was that fun and seemed to enjoy just playing with the crayons more than he enjoyed scribbling with them.

Tate can identify and make the sounds for an elephant, cow, sheep and lion. His favorite is the elephant.

Also, I really think that Tate is enjoying daycare. He doesn't cry when we drop him off anymore. This makes it easier on me as well!

So that is what has been going on with the Tater Tot! He is so much fun right now and it's so fun to watch him learn! I just wish I could be with him all day everyday! He is so much better with his attachment issues though since he started at daycare, so that is a good thing! Also, he has a friend Carson that he really likes there as well. Carson is only 2 weeks older than Tate and so they tend to stick beside one another most of the time.

Tomorrow starts a new work week...ugh! Hopefully it will go by quickly because we have a fun filled weekend planned for next weekend! Keep warm everyone!!!!

2 comments:

sarak said...

Just gave him crayons...what's the deal???!! I thought I taught you better than that...when they can hold a toy, they can color. He he he, just kidding.

Jennie Peakin said...

Ya, Tate proved that wrong, he would much rather eat the crayons and could have cared less about the coloring part. I don't think he's going to be an artist!