Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Iced In...

We got an ice/snow storm last night and practically everything in Des Moines closed! Even Grand View College closed so Sean has to take his final tomorrow! It was kind of nice just being able to leisurely get things done today. First of all, Tate slept until 11:00 am!!!!! He was asleep by 9:00 pm last night, so I don't know why he slept so late, but we let him. He's never slept that late before! Instead of breakfast, we all ate lunch right after he got up and then we headed out to buy some ice melt and to get a few much needed groceries! When we got home, we lounged around and played with Tate. Then I decided I needed to take a nap. :) It was so nice! Tate went down for a nap around 3:30 and slept until 5:15 and then I made beef stew for dinner. Sean said, "I hope it tasted like your Mom's beef stew...I love hers!" Well, I had no recipe, so I just kind of threw it together and after Sean took his first bite, he said, "yup, just like your Mom's! It's so good!" So apparently it hit the spot and I was proud that he compared my cooking to my Mom's since she's pretty well known for her fabulous cooking! :) Anyway, it was yummy and very good for a cozy night inside. Now Tate is playing and Sean is studying for his finals tomorrow. After tomorrow, Sean is done with school for 3 weeks!!! WOOHOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It turned out not so icy here.... I even ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and when I got home I made the whipped cream for my yule logs and stirred up sugar cookies. Not bad for a day at home. I am hoping for yet another productive day tomorrow :-) Glad your beef stew turned out good. Thanks Sean for the compliment ;-) I give all the credit for my love of cooking to my wonderful mother who taught me SO much about cooking and baking, love you Mom!! Wished you were here with us... She would love to know all the beautiful husbands and children and Brenda that have become a part of our family. Can't wait to see you again one day. Christmas makes me a bit melancholy. God bless...